These truly are the best no bake bars you will ever eat! Once you whip up a batch, you will know why. They are delicious and satisfy even the strong sweet tooth, BUT…oh yes – they are loaded with nutrients. YES – these can be considered a health and energy bar. If you want to make it even healthier, then you can replace the chocolate chips with an extra dark chocolate. The bar will be a little bit more firm, but will also be less sweet and more chocolately. Next time I make these, I am absolutely opting for the higher quality chocolate. Also be sure to use a natural peanut butter that does not have any other ingredients other than peanuts. You can easily substitute almond butter or your favorite nut butter in this delicious no bake bar recipe.
Another minor change I will make next time to this no bake bar recipe is to decrease the oats by a 1/2 a cup. They really are perfect as they are, but appearance-wise, I think that they would look a little prettier without as many oats! You may disagree! Also, if you cannot eat oats, you could also use a kamut or quinoa flake.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips * we used 50% cocoa but next time I would go higher.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dry oats (not instant)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional)
- Melt peanut butter, honey, coconut oil and vanilla over medium-low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat add chocolate chips, stirring until they melt.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into a prepared 9 x 9 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before removing, flipping and cutting.
- Store in fridge.