There is nothing like the smell of a fresh banana loaf baking in the oven. I made some variations on banana loaf recipe by adding blueberries and chocolate chunks to it. I just chopped up pieces from chocolate bars I had as I was out of chocolate chips. I like to eat and use chocolate that is at least 80% cocoa. I also used frozen blueberries but you can use fresh as well. This banana loaf recipe with the added blueberries was delicious!
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons butter, melted
2-3 ripe bananas
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 cup chopped chocolate bars or chocolate chips
1 cup frozen blueberries (or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan. Measure all dry ingredients except the chocolate chips into large mixer bowl and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and use and electric mixer on medium speed, to combine the batter scraping the sides and bottom of bowl when needed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 35-45 minutes.A toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf will come out clean when the banana bread is ready.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then turn out onto the cooling rack.
- This banana loaf is fantastic when it is still slightly warm.