After much discussion, Mom and I have decided that Denmark has been our favorite place for desserts since we left home. In Italy the star of desserts would be the gelato, but to us the other desserts that are on most menus (mousse, panna cotta, paneforte) are not our cup of tea. For a white chocolate lover or if you like your dessert very sweet or creamy – you will love this recipe from the In Tavola cooking school in Florence.
Chocolate Rum Sauce Ingredients
- 125g water
- 200g sugar
- 64g cacao powder
- 125g whipping cream
- 35g glucose
- 10g rum
- Boil the water and sugar.
- Add the cacao powder and bring to a boil again.
- Add the cream and glucose and bring to a boil again.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rum.
White Chocolate Mousse Ingredients
- 70g single cream
- 70g whole milk
- 185g white chocolate, chopped
- 5g gelatin
- 300g whipping cream
- Place the gelatin in a bowl with water to soften.
- Boil the cream and milk. Add the chopped white chocolate and stir to melt.
- Add the softened gelatin and stir to melt and incorporate.
- Cool the mixture in the freezer.
- Whip the whopping cream and chill in freezer.
- Use a spatula to fold the whipping cream and white chocolate mixture together.