Dream a little dream cake. You will dream about biting into a delightful dessert again and again once you taste it. Thank you Bente for baking this for us and sharing your recipe.
- Dream Cake:
300 grams granulated sugar
250 grams all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
50 grams butter
2 dl (0.42 cup) milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 dl (1/4 cup) milk
125 grams butter
250 grams dark brown sugar
100 grams shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 200C. (400F)
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with a little butter.
- Place the sugar and eggs in a double boiler and using an electric mixer beat, cooking until it is a thick mass.
- Stir the flour and baking powder together, then add to the sugar/egg mixture.
- Melt the butter into the milk in a seperate pot. Stir in the vanilla.
- Gently stir into the egg mixture, then transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the topping by by heating the milk and butter together. Then add the brown sugar and coconut and stir to combine.
- Remove the baked caked and spread athe topping on while hot, then put back into the oven.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220C (425F) and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Watch not to burn.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let cool completely before cutting.
- This cake freezes well wrapped in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. You would do this while the cake is still warm for the best flavor. The cake will keep up to 6 months frozen.You can either thaw in the oven at 220 (425F) for 20 minutes, or leave 2 hours on the countertop.