A real treat that we found all over Denmark were the seedy, protein and healthy fat filled ‘breads’ like you see in the picture above. At closer inspection I am convinced that it was just nuts, seeds and eggs to bind. This delicious bread was served with our buffet breakfast at the Kurhotel Skodsburg, where we were lucky enough to find a web deal for the night before our flight. It seems that in downtown Copenhagen most of the big hotels require a minimum of 3 nights stay. Since we did not plan this part ahead of time, we felt so lucky to find this gorgeous spa/hotel just 20 minutes North of Copenhagen along the water.
Breakfast is served in the Restaurant from 7.00 – 10.00 Monday to Friday, and from 8.00 – 11.00 Saturday and Sunday.
DKK 250 per person (50$…so we felt lucky it was included in the web special price!)
- Organic skyr (strained yogurt) with homemade muesli with dried fruits
- Scrambled eggs with brunch sausages
- Soft boiled eggs
- Assorted cold cuts from Grambogaard
- Home-smoked salmon
- Avocado with chives and cottage cheese
- Salad with herbs and cabbage salad with black currants and walnuts
- Danish cheeses with sweet relish
- Fresh cheese with black pepper
- Homemade jams and honey
- Fresh fruit salad, marinated in coconut water and ginger
- Homemade chocolate cream (see picture below!)
- Ryebread made from sour dough and whole grain rolls
- Coffee and tea
- Freshly squeezed juices: apple, orange and coconut Water
The night before we indulged in a fried sole that was served with the most delicious garlic butter potatoes. To be honest, we were somewhat disappointed that they did not debone the sole was for the price they were asking.