This simple Roasted Potato Sauerkraut and Sausage casserole recipe is an all time favorite.This ingredients in this casserole take very little time to prepare so busy people that like to make good homemade food will appreciate this meal that is great any day of the week!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 20 baby potatoes, washed and patted dry with any black spots cut off
- 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper (less or more to taste)
- 1(32 oz.) jar sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 Farmers sausage ring, (or sausage of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter into an oven proof baking dish.
- Put in the chopped onions and fry until golden brown. Turn off the heat.
- Wash the potatoes, cutting off any blemishes and pat dry. Place in the baking dish and stir into the onions.Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Rinse and drain the sauerkraut and place on top of the potatoes.
- Cut the sausage ring into chunks and place on top of the sauerkraut.
- Put the lid on the casserole dish and place into the oven.
- Bake for an hour. Turn off the heat. Remove from the oven. This dish is very tasty with a little dollop of sour cream.